je_header

Challenges for Red Bull Team Forsythe: A Most Frustrating Weekend

Houston, Texas—Saturday, April 21, 2007—After a difficult Friday that saw the Red Bull Team Forsythe cars of John Edwards and Robert Wickens struggle to find the right setup, the challenges continued on Saturday as Edwards’ bid for a good starting spot disappeared with a blown engine while Wickens continued to suffer from balance and grip issues. John fell down the standings today as he watched helplessly from the side of his disabled car and will take the green flag tomorrow from 21st spot.

Robert Wickens
“We’re getting quicker, but we’re suffering from the fact that we were so far off the first day. We’re still playing catch-up, and with a field this talented and teams this good it’s pretty difficult. I had a gear selection problem early in the session that made it really hard to downshift so I had to concentrate on the shifting, and we’ve been having trouble putting the power to the ground all weekend. Any time I try to get back on the power as early as I’d like the rear steps out. It’s frustrating, but we’ll keep looking at the data and I’m confident we’ll be better for the race.”

John Edwards
“The car felt much, much more stable this afternoon but unfortunately we experienced an engine failure. We’re just having one of those weekends. Sometime you just have to make the best of what you've got and move on.”

Round Three as Cooper Tires Presents the Champ Car Atlantic Championship Powered by Mazda, the Fast Track 100 at the Grand Prix of Houston gets underway at 11:30am CT (12:30pm ET, 16:30 UTC). For more information about Atlantic, including live streaming video of all events, visit the official series website at www.ChampCarAtlantic.com.