je_header

Red Bull Team Forsythe Rebounds in Houston Atlantic Race

Houston, Texas—Sunday, April 22, 2007—A challenging race weekend can be a harsh test for a young team as frustration on track can lead to disruption and conflict back in the paddock. But at this weekend’s Fast Trac 100 at the Grand Prix of Houston, Round Three as Cooper Tires Presents the Champ Car Atlantic Championship Powered by Mazda, Red Bull Team Forsythe came together despite adversity on Friday and Saturday and posted positive results in Sunday’s race.

After experiencing balance and grip problems earlier in the weekend that relegated him to a seventh-row starting spot, 18 year-old Robert Wickens of Toronto was able to move past several cars and scored solid points by finishing in 10th position. Wickens sits fourth in the season point standings and leads the Rookie of the Year category.

16 year-old John Edwards of Little Rock, Arkansas, experienced an electrical problem early in Qualifying on Saturday that relegated the youngest driver in Atlantic history to 21st starting spot in the 27-car field.

Edwards, who along with Wickens is a member of the world-wide Red Bull Junior Team (www.redbull-juniorteam.com), made a stellar recovery in the race on Sunday as he jetted from back in the pack to pass nine cars and crossed the finish line in an amazing 12th place, scoring an extra championship point for moving up more spots than anyone else in the race. Edwards now claims ninth in the overall point standings and fifth in the Rookie of the Year battle among 21 contenders.

Robert Wickens
#3 Red Bull / INDECK
Mazda-Cosworth/Cooper/Swift
Finished 10th
Fourth in Series Point Standings
Leads Rookie of the Year Points
“I’m proud of the guys for sticking together and at the end of the day I saw a few smiles out there. We just had one of those weekends and I’m glad we were able to recover and get a few points. But it’s early in the season and we had really good results in Vegas and Long Beach so I’m confident we’ll be in contention all season.”

John Edwards
#7 Red Bull / INDECK
Mazda-Cosworth/Cooper/Swift
Finished 12th
Ninth in Series Point Standings
Fifth in Rookie of the Year Points
“It would have been easy for us to panic and start pointing fingers, but if anything we came together even tighter. We’re going to win or lose as a team and that’s the way it should be. I had a good start and got past a few cars right away, and then was just able to chip away and keep moving up. The car was better than it’s been all weekend and that’s a good way to end up.”

The Fast Trac 100 at the Grand Prix of Houston will be broadcast on ESPN2 Thursday, April 26 at 5:30pm ET (check local listings). The next stop for the Champ Car Atlantic Championship is the natural terrain road course at Portland International Raceway. June 8-10. Portland will be a two-race weekend, presenting ample opportunity to score significant points. For more information about Atlantic, including live streaming video of all events, visit the official series website at www.ChampCarAtlantic.com.