je_header

Edmonton: P6

EDMONTON, Alberta - Saturday, July 21, 2007 - In the era of legendary head coach Vince Lombardi, the Green Bay Packers NFL football team had a saying: "We didn't lose, we just ran out of time". Today in Edmonton, that mindset proved fruitful for Red Bull Team Forsythe Atlantic drivers Robert Wickens and John Edwards as the dynamic duo charged through the field to record strong finishes today in Race One of the Rexall Grand Prix of Edmonton doubleheader. Starting from tenth (Edwards) and eleventh (Wickens) spots in the 23-car field after traffic and an ill-timed red flag in Friday's qualifying round left the Forsythe squad frustrated, the teenage Red Bull Junior Team drivers picked off car after car in today's 45-minute race with Edwards coming under the checkered flag in sixth place while Wickens just missed the podium in fourth.

Robert Wickens

#3 Red Bull / INDECK

Mazda-Cosworth/Cooper/Swift

Finished Fourth

Fourth in Point Standings with 201

Second in Rookie of the Year Standings

"We made a few changes to the car and it definitely felt good out there. Thanks to the guys for all the hard work! I got a good start and got past John before Turn One so I just put my head down and started chipping away. It feels good but I was catching James (Hinchcliffe) there at the end and might have been able to reach the podium with a few more laps. But I can't complain! We scored good points today and it looks like we're going to have a good car for Race Two tomorrow."

John Edwards

#7 Red Bull / INDECK

Mazda-Cosworth/Cooper/Swift

Finished Sixth

Ninth in Point Standings with 94

Fifth in Rookie of the Year Standings

"I got caught behind another car at the start and Robby got by me. When we had the restart after the caution period (Laps 4-7) I was trying to pass one of the Team Australia cars and both of us went off at Turn Five. By the time I got back on track I'd fallen down to 12th place. I was mad at myself but the car was very good so I just cleaned off the tires and started passing people. I got back past two cars right away and then a couple of cars crashed in front of me and took themselves out. I got all the way to sixth behind (Giacomo) Ricci. I was quite a bit quicker but he had just enough to hold me off. I'm pretty happy with how things went and now we're looking forward to tomorrow."

Race Two of the Edmonton doubleheader weekend gets underway on Sunday at 10:30am and can be enjoyed live on ESPN360.com. For more information about Atlantic including live timing and the espn2