je_header

2007 Racing Summary

(Aug. 21, 07) Little Rock, AR - The 2007 racing season has been intense. Champ Car Atlantics is a very tough series and the year did not go as well as I had hoped. I knew I would be competitive with a competitive team and we were at times, but we struggled in a few races more than I thought we should. With the field as close as it is, having the setup just a little bit off would put both my teammate and I out of the top 10. Coupled those setup failures with a few untimely mistakes on my part and I was out of the championship hunt, battling only for good race results.

We showed speed early in the season and intermittently throughout the year. I scored one podium, under treacherous conditions in Toronto. Battling rain and pressure from my teammate, I kept it under control to finish 2nd. I proved I was fast when the car was optimally set with a provisional pole and a front row starting spot in the last race at Road America.

I ended the championship 9th. I had expected to be higher in the championship, but we proved our speed during the season, and I learned a lot about being consistently quick. No matter where I finished this year, I learned a lot and ran at the front at times, giving me experience that is invaluable to my racing career.

As I move ahead to next season, I have yet to determine what I will be racing. I’m looking at all my options and should find out a little later in the off-season.

Check back on www.JohnMichaelEdwards.com to get updates on plans for this winter and next season. Thanks to everyone for keeping up with my career!

John Edwards